1. Standard shopping seasons are increasingly irrelevant. Smart marketers need to begin driving visibility and awareness long before the traditional shopping seasons begin.
2. Lower barriers between marketing and online purchase. 39% of parents made a purchase based on an online ad
3. Late night is prime time for online shopping. Almost half of online shopping is done after 8PM
4. Purely deal driven 61% of parents listing promotions and discounts as the top driver in determining when they began back to school shopping
5. Moms are mobile 31% of parents say they’ve made purchases on their mobile device more than once in the past month.
6. Video killed the TV star 51% of parents watch multiple online videos weekly and 29% of parents watch streaming video services, like Netflix or online videos daily